Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oh Snow!

The renewed obsession of Harry Potter is still going strong, as is the snow falling from the heavens since the last time I wrote on blogger.. Truth be told, the snow did actually fall silent for a week or so. It began to melt and the grass was green again, although the clumps of ice were struggling to falter and the roads were still slippy in certain places. Now the snow is back just as much as it was only a week ago and I was sort of glad to have the place back to normal. Despite everyones mutual love for the white stuff, it was getting pretty tedious and even though the school gave us a week and a half off, everyone was itching to get back. Only, when we did actually go back, people were complaining for the snow to come back again.
Now that it is back, it's the start of our Christmas break. I haven't been in school for a while though - last week I had tonsilitis and just when I was getting better, I caught the flu! Bummer for me, eh?

The worst part is, I've started work right, and as easy at it is - it's shit boring. I didn't know I had work today and I'm sick - so now I have to get ready and be in for 6-10. It's not so bad, because my boss won't be in today and Shauna Reynolds will be. My boss is a faggot - he's as gay as Christmas and he's really mean. My manager in the section that I work in is lovely though. She's like a real mammy - looking after me while I'm there and she doesn't get mad when I do something wrong. The other day, I set the alarm off at the tills just because I couldn't get the taggy thingy off the clothes.. My manager and the girl I worked with bust themselves laughing when the shop cleared.
 That's the thing about the section that I work in. It's ladies wear, and it's not doing so well this year. It's shit boring. I go in for four hours each go and all I do is sort out hangers - that only takes 2 minutes! The other day I had to do front service which is where you stay at the very front of the shop to greet people and have the company looking friendly. Four hours of walking around one small space - the hangers were sorted in 30 seconds! I practically begged that someone would come in and make a mess, just so I could clear it up! On the brightside, at least I'm getting paid for doing nothing...

It's Christmas in a couple of days, too. I have to work on Christmas Eve. I don't really mind so much, at leat it might be somewhat busy. I'm just dreading tonight to be honest. It'll be quiet, which is fine... I hope that they train me on the tills a bit more, even though it's scary as hell. I just have to remember to take off the taggy thingys and I'm getting used to that too!
  I'm going to have to study over this Christmas break, too. I studied Art History last week and it actually wasn't that bad... I got these study cards that are pretty handy and they seem to be doing the trick. Six subjects; English, Irish, Maths, Spanish, Art and Music.. Which ones do I need to study the most?
1. Spanish 2. Maths 3. English 4. Art 5. Irish 6. Music ... Hmm... Fucksticks.

I took some benelin for flu and I'm feeling pretty woozy. It tends to knock me out. All I've been doing for the past four days is sleeping. It seems that I can't get enough of it. Sleeping - coughing - sneezing - being sick in general. It sucks!
Oh well. Off to watch Harry waving his wand around the place like a loony. Ciaoo

No comments:

Post a Comment