Thursday, December 2, 2010

Snow Way!!

That's right! Ireland has struck gold! - Well, snow, so to speak.
And yes, I know.. We've had snow for like what, the past three years? But who cares. Right now it's practically half way up to our knees! Now, for a lot of you out there, that's probably nothing considering how the snow has been affecting England since the beginning of time and pretty sure that anyone who lives in a snowy country and has moved to Ireland are probably shittin' themselves laughing at us. This country is incapable with weather - but this, for us little leprachauns - is the best thing that's happened since the heat wave during summer that went up to like.. 19 degrees!

It all started last Friday night but it's early Friday morning now and the snow is still stuck to the ground. It's frozen! Monday morning came along and we were sent home from school before 9o'clock.. We haven't been in all week which has been fucking fantastic! (And for those who have spent their week off studying and staying in and not enjoying this God-Given weather that he has sent us from the heavens above) should go out and get a fucking life because this week - I may have actually had one!
  The whole week off school is like an extra midterm break for us and I know that as soon as we get back into school the teachers will find a way to actually blame us for this weather. Hello? Did we make it snow? Eh.. No. Did we pray for it to snow? Hell yes!
 I think the only bummer about the whole fandango is that I was praying for our Spanish teacher to be out and the one week she was to be out for the whole thing - so were we!! Oh well.. What can you do? I'll tell you. Have a snow fight!!

Last night Shauna and Jenna stayed over. Shauna Reynolds came out for a bit too and we skid up to the shop and all around the street, having a snowfight and Jenna making willies. It was a good laugh like, but I really wanted to make a snowman. I've never made one of those before. And snow as heavy as this may never come around again... Although it probably will due to global warming and what not, but I don't even like the cold. I think it was bearable last night though because all the running around would have you sweating like a priest in a barney suit. My knee is bloody killing me today though. The amount of times I fell flat on my arse yesterday is actually ridiculous.
There were were, Jenna and I... Walking down Millmount Steps. I took the first step and bam! Right on my arse! It was so icey and even holding onto the bars did nothing. I fell twice more down those steps and almost slid in the sludge crossing the road. I made it home safely enough but there were plenty more falls to be expected even after that.

We buried Shauna in the snow.. And she was so willing to do it too. It was bloody hilarious. You know when you go the beach and you bury people in the sand? Well we did it like that. She kept saying, "Don't throw the snow on my face - it's cold!" but that's exactly what you would do then, isn't it? I took pictures when we were finished and made her stay there while I told the other two to run. I said to Shauna... "One last picture!" and made a run for it myself and then bam! Right on the ice again - this time it was my knee and that's why it's so bloody sore today - but so friggen worth it!

After that we headed down to the bottom of the street to the bigger green where the snow looked like a blanket. But kids - and I mean kids! - chased us the whole up the street with snowballs and would. not. leave. us. alone!!! One child, and I reckon she was about 6 years old, kept calling us 'arse-cocks'... ARSE-COCKS?! I couldn't believe my own fucking ears! I have never heard a word like that in my life! And she thinks that bitch is a bad word! She kept calling us monsters and throwing snowballs in our faces. And I reckon there was about 6 of them! I hate the kids on my street! They're always up to no good! But I had to say, I was thankful that they weren't the kids who attacked me from up at the shop the other night. Got me square in the face they did... And the side of my head... And my arse... I wanted to cry the whole way home.

I got Shauna really good then too. Jenna, Shauna and Shauna R kept shoving me down into the ground for the kids to attack me! - I mean don't they know the fear I have for the kids on my street?! Don't I warn them every time to look out on their way in for the little shits who feck rocks at you in the absence of snow?! Well I won't be doing that anymore, I tell you! I handed the camera to Shauna R and said, 'Take a picture of me & Lal'... She went to take it and as soon as the flash went I knocked her straight to the ground! Boo-Ya!
Deadly picture right there.. I love how she's still posing as she's going down... Believe me, the clean up when we got home was far from pleasant... Hair, clothes and faces destroyed in snow. That's what I call a deadly night out..

Now, Jenna and Shauna Reynolds were the quiet ones... Or so they seemed... But as soon as we went to get Hodgo with the snow - she picked up a fucking tree! Where in the name of arsecock do you find a fucking tree lying around?! Well she bloody did. We pegged it as far away from her as we could and by the time we were back out on the road again, everyone was jaded. Shauna R dragged me up the street on the ice. Who needs to go to Dundalk ice-rink when Elmwood is the place to be, yeah?
 And I needed to sleep when I got home but it sure as hell wasn't happening. Shauna R went back home and the three of us went in, stripped from our soaked state, got into PJ's and spent the rest of the night yammering on about shite and impersonating twats from school. And we had this idea that we'd actually bother our arses to get up out of bed this morning and go to the bloody library. Yeah right. The day when Ireland gets a summer full of sunshine will be the day that we go to the library for fun... *cough*... (I'm sort of hoping that the reverse psychology works. We never thought in a million years that we'd get a full week off school for snow, so maybe during the summer, we might get an actual summer!)

Today was a low-key day though. It didn't snow much last night and it snowed for about 5 seconds today, but I think it's finally coming to the end of this early Christmas for Ireland. By Monday, we'll be back in school and doing homework again. The snow doesn't look to be going anywhere for the moment but that's because it's frozen by low temperatures. But all in all it has been a very eventful snow-filled week and on top of this excitement - are you ready - brace yourselves, now - THE VAMPIRE DIARIES is out tomorrow!! Well, the next episode is!! I cannot wait! The suspesense has been driving me up the walls for 3 bloody weeks now and I thought that I was doing so well... I've watched the first series like... 5 or 6 times now and I'm still not fed up of it. In. the. slightest.
Mamma Mia! Buonanotte mi amici... Ti amo... Biaci... Ciao.. x

No comments:

Post a Comment