Monday, November 22, 2010

What's a Leaving Cert?

Monday.
And although this day should be as depressing as it sounds, I'm acc in a pretty good mood? Why? I don't know... I mean, the Art History test I didn't know about surely didn't help.. and straight after that was the comparative test during double English I forgot all about... The rain has been non-stop since this morning and knowing that I have a shitload of Spanish homework to do for the double tomorrow has got my stomach in a knot...And even though the tension is still rising within peers at school... I'm in an acceptionally good mood!
 I think it might have a lot to do with Mr M & Ms Blondie.
In music today, we were told when our auditions would be for the talent show next month, given a day and a time. Mine, unfortunately, was today and I didn't know - the lack of knowledge for a Monday was shameful - but I still went ahead and did it anyways. I had to go to the music room at lunchtime where Mr M & Ms Blondie assessed me there. They told me when I was finished that I'd definitely got my spot out of the twenty doing the show next month - but that seventy people were auditioning!

To be honest, I think it was rather unfair of them to have told me that without seeing all of the acts already. 20 is the average number for the duration of the show and even though it's not a competition, they want a high standard selection of people performing and I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are going to be gutted. One person in particular is not taking a liking to me right now for my success with music over the past couple of weeks. Mr M & Ms Blondie wants me to sing at the first year mass tomorrow, the same song as last week, just as boring and unoriginal. However, Ms Blondie seems to be lightening up to me even more and has decided to trust on my judgement on how a song should be sung. I don't have a lot of experience with this whole music fandango, but I do know what sounds good and I know that being tone deaf, you can't really blame her... At least she's nice...ish.
btw... look her up:

Ahhh parent teacher meetings... I haven't had one of those since first year! Seems only right that my folks should make an appearance to the last of them now on Thursday. The only downfall is that it's on my birthday and my dad likes to give out to me for no apparent reason. So when a teacher says, "Kristina didn't do so good in summer exams, but did fantastic in her October assessments!" he'll take that as "You're going to fail life, Kristina!"... Hello... I'm going to college. I know what I want to do. I know what I have to do to get there... You failed your leaving... and so on and so forth.
And even though the parent/teacher meeting is on my birthday, they've given us the day off, so all is well in the world.

I'm not doing anything for my birthday... I mean, I never do.. But it seems that there are so many people turning 18 right now that only turning 17 seems a little depressing. One more year to go.. One more year of home, getting into trouble for nothing, being told what to do, not being able to go out and get served without hassle.. I don't have a fake ID to chance my arm, you know!! It's pot luck if I get into places, and recently I've been told that I look about 15!! ... Which is probably true.
  But I could pull it off.. You know.. Low top, high skirt, killer heels... The works!


You know, I think, witha  push, I could maybe even pass this Leaving Cert. I don't know why I'm so reluctant to studying.. It's like it's physically impossible, but I still don't have the motivation for it... So much for this study group plan thingy that the teachers were all up for last week. They haven't gotten back to us since and I'm just afraid that my grades are going to shoot right down rather than up. Scared?! Then do something about it, you bleedin' muppet! And I will!
 But it's like giving up smoking - even though I don't smoke - you always say, 'Ah sure, after this weekend... After next week... After Christmas.. Feck sure, I'll leave it til after the LC itself!'
As for right now, I've still got a shitload of Spanish due for tomorrow, two songs learned and prepared and a shower to get to (oo-er!)
 I'm off!
P.S. My uncle bought me real ugg boots from America!!! The mad bastard!!
Ciao! x




No comments:

Post a Comment